The day-to-day management of multiple research projects with minimal supervisory input. The main focus will be on qualitative research but the ideal candidate will be familiar with at least the interpretation of quantitative research as well. In addition, you will assist Directors with sales work such as drafting proposals and pitch documents.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is client focused and has experience of dealing directly with clients on a daily basis, including face-to-face at groups and presenting findings. The position requires an intelligent graduate with at least 3 years’ experience of qualitative market research, primarily consumer focused. Specific experience of media, youth and entertainment brands would be an advantage. However, the candidate must have a genuine interest and passion for media including; social media, TV, print and digital. We are looking for a person with a demonstrable track-record in moderating focus groups, in-depth interviews and ethnography, and running online methodologies are essential. A lot of projects involve carrying out prior research via online panels. Excellent communications skills, strong writing and presentation skills are essential, and evidence of ability to produce impactful reports in PowerPoint will be required. A demonstrable track-record in using digital as well as traditional methods is sought; we are looking for a creative individual who will be able to add value to our qualitative offering through use of innovative research techniques as well as reporting and presenting.
- Project set up: Responsibility for research materials design and implementation, including writing discussion guides, recruitment screeners.
- Project management: Ensuring that all day-to-day (i.e. project related) client liaison runs smoothly. Allocation of internal or external resources to complete a project, including selection of recruiters and/or fieldwork partners. Negotiation of acceptable costs and contract agreements with suppliers. To ensure that projects are resourced and implemented correctly, to the satisfaction of the client, within budget and on time.
- Moderation: Moderate groups and depth interviews face to face as well as be able to conduct telephone depths and moderate online panels and forums.
- Analysis: Management of the analysis, interpretation and reporting process so that the project reflects the Client’s business objectives in the presentation and reporting of findings.
- Deliverables: Report writing and presentation creation including client recommendations, with the ability to work independently. Presenting insights and feedback to clients. Confident in presenting to a range of clients including up to board level.
- Business development: Writing proposals with minimum Director input.
- Analytical thinking: Is able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
- Managing relationships and team working: Is able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, rather than separately or competitively.
- Developing others: Is able to recognise potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realised.
- Decision making: Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
- Planning and organisation: Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Communication: The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- The ability to pull out and communicate a compelling narrative from analysis.
Hook Research is a London based content development specialist and market research agency made up of a senior team of market researchers and strategists. With over 50 years of client and agency experience, we take pride in our strong commercial awareness and have helped produce prize-winning creative content. We really love our work – from shedding light on a hard-to-reach consumer base in London to evolving a classic animation for a global youth audience – and enjoy getting involved across all aspects of our projects, from recruitment and moderation to idea generation and merchandising. We are proud to provide consumer insights and brand strategy to some of the biggest organisations across media, youth, and entertainment. Our current clients include: ITV, BBC, Channel 4, Turner, Cartoon Network, Disney and DC Thomson.
We love taking on challenging projects, whether that’s leading a deep-dive into hard-to-reach audiences or coordinating research across multiple foreign markets.
Qualitative Senior Research Executive (SRE)
Depends on experience